The context and its challenges
Faster, better, and at the lowest cost
- the adaptability to mutations in the Enterprise and its economic environment,
- the availability and quality of service,
- the cost of ownership control.
Every significant change requires a clear vision of the objectives and a reliable control of the risks.
The e-dependent company
- ERP, integrated software packages, webiized architectures, SOA, SAaS, Cloud...
- components: PC, nomad objects, OS, server blades, virtualization,...
- dedicated suppliers: hardware vendors, web agencies, hosting providers, operators,...
- the I.S. of a world-class airline company unavailable for a whole day
- the SNCF railway company unable to sell tickets at station offices during 24 hours...
- mobile telephony networks unavailable 12 or 24 h on all or part of a territory,
- some e-commerce companies impacted by facilities failures at their hosting provider...
- verify and validate the expected the cost/benefit ratio,
- anticipate and control impacts (economic, technical, human,...)
- plan and provide the necessary accompanying measures: training, operational processes, evaluation,...
Ask and listen, get advice and assistance
"Chance only favours the prepared minds" (Louis Pasteur)
It is sometimes risky to underestimate the complexity of a change or its impacts. In such a transition situation, with important strategic and cost issues , and increasing pressure, the far-seeing decision maker should evaluate the best possible approach.